Re: Optima S-100 Case

Would you please post the details on the U-bent case; $250 is steep but I might consider it as I really need a case.
-Neil

On Friday, July 11, 2014 3:22:17 PM UTC-7, Andrew Bingham wrote:
I found a company that makes U-bent cases like the MZ, but it was pretty pricey (~$250).  I do really like the design, very rigid and easy to work on.  Of course, no front panel by that time.

I had to replace all the RAM chips in my 64k board and that was all it took to get my MZ up and running again (I later found out that power needs to be applied and removed from those particular chips in a specific order or damage can happen in the long term; looking at Vector's schematics it's not clear if the RAM board actually ensures that is the case).  If the IBM PC hadn't put them out of business, I am sure Vector would still be around today selling stuff.