Re: 7805 Package choices

Don,

On Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 6:48:09 PM UTC+1, Don Caprio wrote:
If I'm reading the datasheet right for a 7 segment display it draws
25-30ma for each
segment? Thats a current draw of 250ma if all segments are lit.

25mA is the maximum allowed, for maximum brightness.

But I've used as little as 3-4 mA (1K resistors at 5V) to light up each 7-segment display, it's bright enough depending on your preferences. So that amounts to 7*4=28mA for each segment display digit.

Regards,

Oscar.