Re: [N8VEM-S100:6502] Re: MiniFP build - Mark-8

Looks Awesome ! , I like the backlit template.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Crusty OMO" <crus...@hotmail.com>
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 6:00:43 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: RE: [N8VEM-S100:6502] Re: MiniFP build - Mark-8

I'll be continuing my Mini FP build this evening.... I just finished putting my Mark-8 replica into a Box. A project that has been on hold for nearly 2 years! It may be a little OT, but you guys might like to see how I boxed it up.
Instead of mounting things against the front panel of the box, I mounted everything to a wooden board and used the front panel as a dress panel only. I counter sinked the red acrylic led window/filter and taped it to the inside of the dress panel, along with a printed template of the LED's. When the LED's light up, they illuminate the paper. It gives a nice effect. See pictures below.