From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com]On
Behalf Of Jack Rubin
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2014 9:51 AM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [N8VEM-S100:2368] Switch Register

Some other front panel uses –

Memory sizing, memory testing – writing known patterns to memory and reading
them back (or not)

Peripheral/UART testing – reading/writing control and status registers,
terminal i/o

BIOS configuration – build BIOS in RAM, jump to warm/cold start address

Code verification – single stepping through code loops, etc.

Verifying machine state, processor status, interrupt condition, flag status,
etc. (depending on your front panel)

Obviously, much of this could be done with a ROM monitor as well, assuming
that (a) you have a ROM monitor and (b) you can load it into memory.

Probably lots more, but that’s a pretty good slice –

Jack