[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Help with S-100 VDP board VGA output
- To: N8VEM-S100 <n8vem...@googlegroups.com>
- Subject: Re: Help with S-100 VDP board VGA output
- From: lynchaj <lyn...@yahoo.com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 16:36:57 -0700 (PDT)
- Authentication-results: ls.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of lyn...@yahoo.com designates internal as permitted sender) smtp.mail=lyn...@yahoo.com; dkim=pass head...@yahoo.com
- In-reply-to: <33055875.464.1333398727792.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@pbhj7>
- References: <000901cd1069$5cf62c60$16e28520$@YAHOO.COM> <33055875.464.1333398727792.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@pbhj7>
- User-agent: G2/1.0
Hi Leon! Thanks! There is a mildly less terrible datasheet for the
V9958 chip with a similar diagram on page 26.
Thanks and have a nice day!
On Apr 2, 4:32 pm, Elsid <le...@swiftdsl.com.au> wrote:
> There may be a problem with HSYNC from the V9938.
> The sync pulses are missing during the blanking period.
> The data sheet shows a negative HSYNC mode on page 131 that continues
> through the blacking period, but I can't see how to get into this mode (my
> scanned copy is to low in resolution to see the writing below the HSYNC
> label on the left of the waveform) Can anyone help?
> Top trace is CSYNC, bottom trace is HSYNC. Verticle scale is 2 V/Div.
> On Monday, 2 April 2012 10:41:16 UTC+10, lynchaj wrote:
> > Hi
> > I’ve been working to update the S-100 VDP with the AY-3-8910 sound
> > generator and convert to VGA output.
> > However, I’ve hit a major roadblock and need some help to move forward on
> > this project.
> > It turns out the V9938 does not generate a separate VSYNC signal. It
> > generates HSYNC and a CSYNC signals separately however both CGA and VGA
> > require separate VSYNC and HSYNC signals.
> > I imagine there is some relationship between CSYNC and HSYNC where you
> > could synthesize VSYNC but after much studying the V9938 datasheet and
> > numerous Google searches I don’t know how to do it.
> > Please take a look at the V9938 datasheet and let me know if generating
> > VSYNC is possible and how to do it. Without a separate VSYNC we lose any
> > hope of even partial VGA compatibility!
> > Thanks and have a nice day!
> > Andrew Lynch