Re: [N8VEM-S100:5575] Re: SCC and Z80/8086 monitor

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Bell <bb...@gmail.com>
To: n8vem-s100 <n8v...@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thu, Nov 13, 2014 3:03 pm
Subject: [N8VEM-S100:5575] Re: SCC and Z80/8086 monitor

Based on some favorable reviews, and in need of another serial port and the lure of a really high-speed USB connection, I acquired one version 03 Serial I/O board.  Then I set out to locate the parts.  8255 located in my parts bin.  But no Z8530 although I have just about everything else.  So I searched Jameco and a couple other suppliers, but it seems no one has the Z8530.  Two questions: 1) can the Z8531 be used in place of the Z8530 (seems like it lacks the synchronous operation), and 2) has anyone bought Z8530 recently, and from where?

Hi Bob --

Try Unicorn Electronics (www.unicornelectronics.com) or Futurlec (www.futurlec.com).  Unicorn has them for $3 or $3.50.  I think Futurlec had them, but haven't looked lately.  I'm surprised that Jameco didn't have them.  That's where I got mine.

Roger