Re: SCC and Z80/8086 monitor

Based on some favorable reviews, and in need of another serial port and the lure of a really high-speed USB connection, I acquired one version 03 Serial I/O board.  Then I set out to locate the parts.  8255 located in my parts bin.  But no Z8530 although I have just about everything else.  So I searched Jameco and a couple other suppliers, but it seems no one has the Z8530.  Two questions: 1) can the Z8531 be used in place of the Z8530 (seems like it lacks the synchronous operation), and 2) has anyone bought Z8530 recently, and from where?

Thanks for your help!

Bob B