From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Tom Lafleur
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2015 12:13 PM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:6077] Micro controllers

You know, you can't beat the PIC24/dsPIC33 (16bit) or the PIC32 for price and performance...

I've used both for many project and have now standardizer on the PIC32..., no need to use a limiteted processor to do small project...

The development tools are free and solid, lots of demo code available...

a PIC32MX270F256B is in a dip package, USB serial, SPI, I2C I/O ATD ect... 64KB ram, 256K flash  all for $4!!!

(there even a version of BASIC that run on the chip)

you can use a Microstick II from Microchip for $35 to program them or PicKIT3 for $45 ( on sale from time to time) (donot get a PICKIT2)

( if you have a .edu email address you can get at 25% discount)

their just no need to use a limited Arduino today!

tom lafleur