RE: [N8VEM-S100:6839] Re: Simple GAL programmer for GAL22V10

Could I “advise” S100 people to lookout/get GAL programmers.  I’m a total convert to these chips by now.  All future boards I will do will probably use them. Including the future IDE-V3 and a 16MB static RAM board using 4 SMD chips.  The slowly evolving 80486 S100 prototype board has 5 on board and even that is a tight board fit with over 1000 traces!

The Wellon VP290 seems to work with most chips.  However for reasons I don’t understand it requires the Erase, Program Verify &  Secure options to be checked for LATTICE 22V10 programming.  Also using a different manufacture designation for these LATTICE GALS will burn them out.

See her for more details:-

http://s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/ISA%20to%20S100%20Bus/Intro%20To%20GALs.htm

John