Re: Notes about copying RomWBW format media between device types

Yup, Win32 Disk Imager has no concept of copying "some portion" of media.  This definitely limits it's usefulness when tyring to copy between media as you found.

I use dd for Windows (http://www.chrysocome.net/dd) anytime I need to work around this type of thing.  dd for Windows is far more powerful and flexible, but it is also VERY risky if you don't know what you are doing.  Very easy to wipeout your primary hard disk accidentally.

As you mentioned, dd is a native command on all UNIX variants, so I would assume that works fine, but I have never tried it.

-Wayne