[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [N8VEM-S100:444] S-100 board status
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:444] S-100 board status
- From: Robert <gst...@indy.net>
- Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 06:36:51 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 188.8.131.52 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of gst...@indy.net) smtp.mail=gst...@indy.net; domainkeys=pass (test mode) header.From=gst...@indy.net
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=dk20050327; d=indy.net; b=A69F+I7vjucfULEzooldgwwzNWrfqHkElhq91l6ti2hJxrJgq5PSZwuiuemV05zH; h=Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:To:Subject:Mime-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:X-ELNK-Trace:X-Originating-IP;
- Domainkey-status: good (test mode)
- Reply-to: Robert <gst...@indy.net>
WOW!! Thank you for all these wonderful boards.
Keep up the great work!!
>From: lynchaj <lyn...@yahoo.com>
>Sent: Oct 9, 2011 11:47 AM
>To: N8VEM-S100 <n8vem...@googlegroups.com>
>Subject: [N8VEM-S100:444] S-100 board status
>Hi! Here is the latest status on S-100 board development
>1. S-100 6502 CPU board; Rich's design works great! There is
>prototype built and tested by Neil. Seems to be working well with
>corrections identified. Probably ready for a general release soon if
>not right away.
>2. S-100 8086 CPU board; designed and ready to go pending its
>completion of PCB trace routing. Should be done soon. John has done
>three (I think) build and test prototype boards so I think this one
>should be good to go soon.
>3. S-100 80286 CPU board; made an initial board for build and test
>however discovered a major flaw in the PCB. It turns out the PGA/PLCC
>socket used by Intel for 80286 CPU is different from a PLCC-68 socket
>layout. Design updated and ready for another prototype board in the
>near future. Cannot estimate when this board will be ready for
>general release though until we see a successful build and test.
>4. S-100 68K CPU board; second prototype board released to build and
>test team (Pontus, Mike, John, & Neil) and awaiting build and test
>results. Assuming this prototype works with few if any changes, I
>expect this board to be ready for general release soon. All we need
>is some final confirmation whether the board actually works or not
>with the changes from the first prototype board.
>5. S-100 PC-AT board; AKA the MS-DOS support board. John and I are
>working on a design. We've captured a schematic and PCB layout. It
>looks pretty solid so we should go for an initial build and test
>prototype fairly soon. John has built a BIOS for his S-100 8086 CPU
>system which boots MS-DOS 4.01. This board should make MS-DOS/FreeDOS
>support a *lot* easier.
>6. S-100 VGA board; John has been laboring on this design for a
>while. He recently sent me a design so I will make up a PCB. Still
>on the "to do" list.
>7. S-100 VDP board; Pontus and I were working on this V9938/V9958
>video board and went back and forth a bit. This project is on a bit
>of a hiatus pending more availability for us to work on this. There
>is a notional design available if anyone would like to discuss.
>Comments, thoughts, ideas always welcome. Thanks and have a nice day!