Re: status of S-100 uPD7220 board

Hi Andrew!

Count me in - I think I have all the parts laying around for this.

Dave

On Monday, August 19, 2013 3:36:56 PM UTC-5, lynchaj wrote:

Hi

I remembered there is another S-100 board that is basically complete – the S-100 uPD7220 GDC board.

It is in the wait queue like the S-100 6502 CPU V2 board.  All that is needed is some prototype PCBs for build and test.

It is a video board capable of VGA compatible output (640x480 and 800x600) 16 color display with accelerated graphics primitives.

Basically this was the direction of microcomputer graphics prior to the advent of the IBM PC and the rise of the CGA/MDA architecture.

http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/browse/#view=ViewFolder&param=S-100%20uPD7220%20GDC

Is anyone interested in doing some build and test on this board?

There is a great source of design information and software here on the N8VEM ECB uPD7220 GDC board

http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/browse/#view=ViewFolder&param=ECB%20uPD7220%20GDC

I’d like to raise $150 for some prototype boards.  Anyone interested?  This is a neat board and could be very useful.