My system is now 16-bit !

Thanks to John, I managed to get a working 8086 CPU in my system ! it runs reliably apparently at 8 MHz, together with the 4Mb RAM board and on board 27C512 EPROMs.

My system now consists in :
- Z80 CPU at 10 MHz (still freezing after the system gets hot... apparently something to do with I/O's, I will have to play with the wait states (currently 1 on RAM and 2 on IO) and check if I need to add some F chips on the Propeller board I am suspecting
- 8086 CPU Board
- 4MB RAM fully populated
- Propeller board
- IDE CF board with CPM 3.0 banked version
- Serial IO
- Bus terminator board
- SMB V2

Strangely, My GQ-4X that has been working flawlessly since months, was unable to burn a second time my 27C512's (I made a mistake when separating the odd/even bytes, and now writes do not work anymore, despite there is 12.5V in the write pin).

Hence I downloaded John's 8086 monitor by XMODEM (in two 16K chunks), works perfect (expect for the fact the monitor complains there is no 8259, ah..)

Now I have to install CPM86, and certainly will build the DOS Support board soon !

thanks to you all for giving me the opportunity for doing such a great project !!

Philippe

 (below some pictures, the iPhone cameras gets saturated by the front panel LEDs...)