From: Don Caprio <cap...@uxpro.com>
Date: Sunday, May 31, 2015 at 12:53 PM
To: S100-Post <n8vem...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:7139] Small (<1K) 8080 Monitor Source Code?

John,

I went through this same issue when I was restoring my first Imsai.
I would suggest that you get source that does not require use of the
stack. If your memory card(s) are not working the monitor will not
run. A very basic monitor that has limited functionality could be in order.
Something that can read/write ports, memory dump, loader, etc.
I know I wasted many hours/days due to the stack issue.

Monitors will be specific to the type of serial console you are using.
Be mindful of this. My debug monitor was written for the 8251 and
included the initialization code and hard coded port number (Imsai SIO).