RE: [N8VEM-S100:6234] Re: 80386 CPU Board - Correction of Correction

You can use a de-bounce hardware switch circuit if you like Gary (two NAND gates for example).  Best would be to be on the safe side and  use an OC gate to drive the line as well, but if you are sure there is no other gate active on the line you should be OK with the NAND gate output.

Good luck

John

From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Gary Kaufman
Sent: Saturday, February 7, 2015 9:27 AM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:6234] Re: 80386 CPU Board - Correction of Correction

John -

Ok, see the Z80 pull ups now...

Interestingly when I was confirming that I had the correct resistors on the 80386 board I noticed that "in circuit" R1 and R8 measure 500 ohms.  This makes sense for R1 with P36 jumpered 1-2 and 3-4.  I haven't thought thru R8 (master reset) yet.

I tried the "external port" approach with a simple switch, but I think I was getting too much switching bounce to draw any conclusions.  I'll wire up the port hopefully tonight.

- Gary