I didn't see an Altair/Imsai front panel connector. Did I miss it? If you re-do this board would you please consider adding one? Some of us who have the mini-Imsai front panel boards would really like one here! There's nothing like some blinky lights!

Best

JohnP

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 8:46 PM, John Monahan <mon...@vitasoft.org> wrote:

Josh if he can hang in the for a few weeks, I should have a “All in one” starter Z80 S100 board  he could work with. Just sent out for prototype today. See

http://s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/SBC%20Z80%20Board/SBC%20Z80%20CPU%20Board.htm

John

From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Crusty OMO
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2015 4:44 PM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [N8VEM-S100:7574] S-100 Building

Hi guys,

First, sorry for not starting a new thread, but I'm having troubles with Google Groups, suffice to say that Google isn't as elegant as an S-100 system.

Recently, a new member (he can introduce himself) was looking to buy some boards.  His interest came from remembering a time when he saw S-100 systems but could not afford them.  Sound familiar?  I surely can relate to this, being a poor teenager in the late 70's.

Anyway, I just thought he could use some advice on what type of S-100 to build.

Being a versatile computer, you can build anything you like, but to really appreciate and enjoy the build, it should be something that you can relate to.  Obviously, he's got a computer/electronics back ground, so perhaps a build to parallel something that was once done or now doing?  Or if you are into music/sound, a build that will create a sound studio.

Myself, being into security systems, I have often thought of making an S-100 card to work as an alarm system, with Card Access.  Perhaps that might be my next board?

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Josh Bensadon