RE: [N8VEM-S100:2550] A new 16MB S100 Bus static RAM board

Two things guys,

First this “board” actually requires the fabrication of two separate boards. The S100 Board itself and for each board two mezzanine boards.   If I remember correctly, for  the last run of the mezzanine board they did 12 on a “board” and cut them to size.   I have enough of the mezzanine boards for my own use, but Todd you will need to include a batch run of the mezzanine boards as well.

I’m not sure how these things will cost out. When Andrew sees this e-mail perhaps he can help.

I have not heard back from Andrew yet on the minor  updates for this board (or MSDOS board) yet to know when they will be ready to send for fabrication etc.

Please be patient, there is a lot of things in the works right now.

John

Second point.  There with the pin sockets I use (Jameco #2168173 & 53532) there is enough room with the mezzanine board to fit a S100 board  in the next slot.   Actually the holes on the S100 board are so tight you don’t need the socket, on the final board, I am going to test everything and once assured all is well solder the mezzanine board directly to the S100 board.   I have not done this on the prototype board since I want to move the RAM chips around.