Re: [N8VEM-S100:6245] Re: FP Mini Switch Brackets are in

I, like others in this group send out an announcement to gage the interested level.
Based on feedback, that gives us (the board sponsor) an idea of how many to order.

Everyone is welcome to participate and it's never too late to ask. Even if a particular board is
not available I've seen folks on the list offer up their extra board(s).
I have 19 brackets left. You can use one or two on each board if you like, but one should be enough.
I also have 100 of the version one brackets but I got the hole size wrong. They could be used but it would
require a machine screw with a nut.

An aluminum bracket is available but those are custom ones I build myself.

The switch group order was placed for a few reasons:
  • The switches are expensive
  • Switches were not in stock and had to be manufactured, thus had minimum oder qty's
  • Save some money
Our first group switch order had 1000 switches totaling $3,500. That quantity gave us some
leverage and saved builders about $20 a set. I did order extra sets however at $81 a set it's
hard to maintain high inventor levels.

I had 10 extra sets and they are already gone. I'm also finding out that a second order
may not be possible since we don't have sufficient quantity to have them manufactured.
We may have to wait for more request to roll in. How long this particular switch will be
available as a special order is unclear and could be dropped from the product line.
I recently did some research using C&K product line however the price would probably
double.