Re: [N8VEM-S100:7235] Re: S100 SMB BOM Question

Rick -

I've built both v02 and v03 of the SMB.  The signals do connect straight thru, I put a dual header (pins) on the main S100 board and dual female (socket) on the display board - and used threaded stand-offs on the 4 mounting holes (they look to be 0.4" in length).  I figured that if I later wanted to move the display board to the front of the case I could just build up a second display board with pins and use a ribbon cable.

The headers I purchased from Ebay.  The auction was last summer, so the same seller in China has disappeared - but look at auction #171309461704 which looks identical to the item I purchased.

At least for me the clearance worked out fine - at least using relatively short jumpers (Ebay # 291075703105) and machine pin sockets.

- Gary