RE: [N8VEM-S100:5861] Anyone have a working ZFDC with CPM3 and a 1.44MB drive?

That’s a strange one Thomas!  I suspect somehow you are getting a write glitch to the disk on power off or power on.  Can you setup everything as you have below, remove the disk. Power off, then power on and reinstall, does the problem occur, if not then do the same but use the disk write protect tab.  If all is OK then you need to track how/what is causing the disk write line to be activated.

Are you absolutely sure there are no other boards/software writing to the ZFDC’s or IDE ports.  May want to change them in software/hardware and try that. A big step I know, but it could explain things.  I have all these boards except the SS Board1.  If anything I would suspect that board.

Note that Cromemco ZPUZ does not support 16 bit port addressing (or > 64K RAM) , be sure all your boards have 8 bit only Ports.

Good luck

John