Re: Compact Flash CP/M3 image?

Hi David,

where is this 'User Area' where you have these files and documents stored?  I would certainly like to take a look.

Thomas

On Wednesday, June 11, 2014 6:44:38 PM UTC-4, David Fry wrote:
Hi All,

Having got as far as I had with the LBA and Compact Flash CP/M boot I kind of documented to where I got to and then stopped.
The reason being was that I wanted to move on with doing a banked mode CP/M 3.0 implementation, but then realised that it would be worth waiting
for the MSDOS card with a RTC so that file time stamps could be implemented, as such my CP/M image (non banked) just boots to a command prompt, no utilities have been loaded into the image yet.

As the MSDOS board is due any day now, I will hopefully soon carry on from where I left off.

Having made all my excuses :-)
I welcome others to look over what I have uploaded to my N8VEM user folder relating to how I have implemented LBA and pull it apart if need be to get to a common standard and set of basic CF card images that can get new users up and running.
In particular, is the translation of CHS values to LBA correct?,  I think it is but not 100% sure there is some conflicting info on the web.

comments and feedback welcome

Regards

David fry