From: mon...@vitasoft.org
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [N8VEM-S100:3729] Using KiCad
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 22:00:42 -0700

Hi Ed (and anybody else familiar with KiCad), I managed to get the schematic part of KiCad to correct/modify the schematic for this board, (See attached).

Now I need to review the layout. Using PCBnew.

My first question is:- Is the program intelligent enough to utilize the previous board layout and just not optimize the above slight modification or does one have to start from scratch each time.

The reason I don’t know is I cannot figure out how to view the traces on the front side of the board.  I’m always getting the back (vertical,green) traces of the board.

How do you switch sides?

Also how do you make a .pdf file from a .sch file?

John