Re: [N8VEM-S100:2605] Re: A new (V2) version of the S100 Bus System Support Board

I think I understand the EEPROM trick, with my poor mechanical engineer brain.  If my two months of digital logic self-study are correct, you're making a chip with several state machines programmed into it, where the S-100 address lines connected to the 4 EEPROM lines select which state machine is in operation and the counter goes through the steps to output the corresponding sequence to I2C to send the data.  A neat trick.