From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of John Monahan
Sent: Monday, December 26, 2011 3:25 PM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [N8VEM-S100:584] S-100 8086 Up and Running

Yes you can run CPM on the V30.  However you have to be careful, it does not accept the non 8080 Z80 opcodes.  Unfortunately many BIOS'es (including mine) make use of these codes -- as no a number of (non-DR) CPM programs.  The V30 spec sheet I seem to remember outlines how to switch modes. However because of a legal issue with NEC & Intel the V30 does not use the same opcodes terminology as Intel (or Zilog).  The results are the same but it is frustrating sometimes. In any event a DR assembled 8080 program should run on the V30 if switched into that mode.
I have not done this however. If somebody can write up a short demo program that would be great.

John

John Monahan Ph.D
mon...@vitasoft.org