RE: [N8VEM-S100:4661] Re: A/I 8080 CPU Builders Beware...

They are grounded to the board, this is for static control not power supply conductivity.
But mainly to hold that socket in place.

Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 20:41:01 -0400
Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:4661] Re: A/I 8080 CPU Builders Beware...
From: rich...@verizon.net
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com

Don —

I believe it’s both. Those tabs really do anchor the socket to the board and, although I’d have to check to confirm, I believe they are grounded.

Rich

--
Rich Cini
Collector of Classic Computers

From: Don Caprio <cap...@uxpro.com>
Date: Monday, July 21, 2014 at 7:50 PM
To: S100-Post <n8vem...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:4659] Re: A/I 8080 CPU Builders Beware...

Josh,

Question on the SD card socket.

Are we suppose to solder the edges of the card socket (mid top right and left)
to the square pads on the PCB board? Not sure if this is a ground or just needed
to better secure the socket.