[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: [N8VEM-S100:557] Best place to start building S100 computer?
- To: <n8vem...@googlegroups.com>
- Subject: RE: [N8VEM-S100:557] Best place to start building S100 computer?
- From: "Jack Rubin" <jack....@ameritech.net>
- Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 06:50:36 -0600
- Authentication-results: gmr-mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 126.96.36.199 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of jack....@ameritech.net) smtp.mail=jack....@ameritech.net; dkim=hardfail (test mode) head...@ameritech.net
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ameritech.net; s=s1024; t=1324471829; bh=UeJQSLLGFPFn219WOo1kQHpBwyGi6aSG/+E0yQkvxh4=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Reply-To:From:To:References:In-Reply-To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language; b=tAmtO058ANY6AHiMM4moj8ru+R7oShLK4LQeueMBSlCQ/oGLvNcH4PONg4eatUdWftw9Snuz/8Iatn9FMtCxie9u06BEhgRklc4870Eujw/+i4fZOuFLY4uCl9oe5sLRziAOp8LkWv8UFOSXwcX1GUtw7rrMFD4vyxy5h5eLChE=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=ameritech.net; h=DKIM-Signature:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:Received:Reply-To:From:To:References:In-Reply-To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language; b=M43DIagB6MkDxTa3LKU/bR6lDCezf7DIDPaeuz7q6KizMHGlrGFo9GkQWWHPKDGUoIadrr1Yl7eLg0qeYXFPi/5z3p6LLjEywoXGAK9veEafU+Bo80IMqc7iIaC5CP6VUDlAQmUGLP0RGz/w0zzs3xQstU5s8dSRCStLDTObRug= ;
- In-reply-to: <4EF17891.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <4EF17891.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: <jack....@ameritech.net>
- Thread-index: Acy/p2TjzlYkUpZvT/2AQIKFhis+zQAN24Rw
Why fight to drive uphill to just heat the room? Just eliminate the 78xx
regulators and run 5 and 12 volts on the rails! That's what Godbout and
Morrow did at the end - it's certified vintage and it's smart.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com]
> On Behalf Of Mike
> Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2011 12:11 AM
> To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
> Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:557] Best place to start building S100
> On 12/20/2011 02:49 PM, W3DRK wrote:
> > I'd like to start by collecting the basic "core" parts such as a
> > supply and motherboard and build up from there.
> > Fortunatly I am friends with someone in the custom transformer field
> > so getting a decent transformed sized just for this purpose should be
> > pretty strait forward, and perhaps even less expensive then using 2
> > 3 seperate SMPS units. I already have heavy heatsink mounted
> > rectifier diodes, filter caps, etc so that helps too.
> > Thanks!
> > Dieter Kedrowitsch - W3DRK
> Hi Dieter,
> I'd agree with the others regarding the use of a switching power
> I got a 7.5V @42A supply from eBay that has a little bit of voltage
> adjustment, but I'm leaving it at 7.5V so the 7805s will run a little
> I also got, from eBay, a couple of 12V @5A switchers to run the +/-
> rails, they will adjust to about 14.5V which will be fine.
> All together I don't think I spent more than about $80 on the power
> PS. Sorry I've been slacking on the 68K work, guys, I've been just up
> my neck, it's getting closer to the front burner however.
> Mike Sharkey
> No virus found in this message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 2012.0.1890 / Virus Database: 2109/4693 - Release Date: