From: "Crusty OMO" <crus...@hotmail.com>
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Monday, July 27, 2015 6:14:08 AM
Subject: RE: [N8VEM-S100:7455] Playing with FP Mini, Crustys 8080, Con I/O & SMB

Hi Todd,

The ROM on the board can be disabled by the jumpers.  Just pull all ROM jumpers out, then you'll have only RAM at 0000.
Or you can also just run the Monitor ROM, then STOP the system once shadow ROM has been mapped out.  Do NOT press RESET or Shadow ROM will come back into play.  To move your PC back to 0000, simply toggle all address switches to 0000 and press EXAMINE.  The EXAMINE and EXAMINE NEXT work by manipulating the 8080's PC register.  EXAMINE uses a JUMP instruction, while NEXT uses the NOP instruction to advance by 1.  There is no "PREVIOUS" because you can't decrement the PC by 1 (through any single instruction).

So, RUN, STOP, EXAMINE 0000, Deposit program, Examine 0000, examine next, next, (to verify program), Examine 0000 and RUN.  (See no more RESET needed).

Cheers,
Josh