Re: [N8VEM-S100:7235] Identify Eagle Spirit II molex connector

On Wednesday, June 17, 2015 at 5:24:12 PM UTC-7, Crustyomo wrote:
Hi Jeff,

These look like the Molex connectors but they are not.  These are AMP connectors (now called TYCO).
They are called MTA connectors (Mass Termination A?).  They come in .1" and .156", aka MTA-100 and MTA-156.  Here's the Digikey part number: A31300-ND

The only problem is that you need this special tool to correctly crimp the wire inside.  Unless you can mimic the 3 prongs that push the wire in as shown in Pic 3?

Thank you!

Awesome Josh. Part number and everything. I think I'll just use a screwdriver, might have a spare to build up a tool. Great detail picture Josh. Thank you too Rick. I found the tool for $33 maybe you have an old catalog? As much as I like to buy tools (lot's of unopened Harbor Freight stuff) I think I'll make do with some Rube Goldberg. Now to figure out some parts to pad the order. Guess I'll order up the parts for the new RAM board. :-)

Thanks again, - jeffa