Re: Help searching a component (AM8224-4DC)

Hi everyone, I have an update on this build:
I got past the problem and now the board executes code from the onboard EPROM. It wasn't a fault of the clock generator, but the problem was a non IEEE696 compliant signal (not surprising: the board is from 1977...).
The problem in detail is that line 53 is tied to GND on my backplane but the board uses it to trigger some input buffer for the Sense Switch Enable function.
I had to pull out pin 2 of IC14 and tie it to 5v.

Now I still have the problem that while the board executes code from the EPROM (checked by filling it with halt opcodes) the board is still unable to access the external console. I'm digging into this, but part of the problem might be a wrong component i have on the board: I used a 74LS04 in place of an 74L04 (IC12), which is used to introduce a delay in a few signals. I'll try to get hold of a 74L04 and then if this doesn't solve the problem, I'll debug some more.

Bye!
Fabio