Re: [N8VEM-S100:131] S-100 Serial IO PCBs reorder

Andrew,

If not already I'd like two of the redesigned S-100 IDE boards.

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Andrew Lynch <lyn...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi!  This was supposed to be a short message but has turned into another multiple page tome!  Sorry!

Here is status on the development of the S-100 boards:

What’s coming soon:

I just reordered the S-100 Serial IO PCBs.  These are respin PCBs to resolve any of the issues from the initial release and add some minor improvements.

http://www.s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/Serial%20IO%20Board/Serial%20IO%20Board.htm

I expect they’ll arrive in mid to late April or so.  There are about 20 PCBs for builders on the waiting list however there should be enough in case builders would like more boards or join in late.

I am expecting the S-100 ZFDC (intelligent Floppy Drive Controller) PCBs to be in mid April or so.  This was a *very* difficult and complicated board.  Kudos to John for sticking to this project!

Anyone who’s worked on an FDC knows how frustrating they can be!  A lot of Guru Meditation required!

http://www.s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/ZFDC%20Board/ZFDC.htm

My plan is to reorder the S-100 EPROM boards next.  These will also be respins to resolve the minor issues from the original and incorporate some improvements.

http://www.s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/PROM%20Board/PROM%20Board.htm

What I have right now:

I still have some S-100 4MB SRAM board and also the improved S-100 parallel ASCII keyboard board PCBs.  Both boards are respins and “issue free” AFAIK.

http://www.s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/IBM%20Keyboard/IBM%20Keyboard.htm

http://www.s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/RAM%20Board/4MG%20RAM%20Board.htm

What is coming next:

John and I have some boards in work.  We redesigned the S-100 IDE board so if you would like one of these please let me know and I’ll add you to the waiting list.  Hopefully I can order these soon depending on interest.

http://www.s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/IDE%20Board/My%20IDE%20Card.htm

We are currently working on the S-100 8086 CPU board, S-100 68K CPU board, and a completely redesigned S-100 Console IO board.  These are developmental and I have no estimate on when they’ll be ready.

http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/browse/#view=ViewFolder&param=S-100%208086%20CPU%20board%20%28prelim%29   (will be the basis for future x86 CPU boards and second prototype board on its way!)

http://www.s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/Console%20IO%20Board/Console%20IO%20Board.htm   (second prototype board in build and test!)

http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/showthread.php?24550-N8VEM-68K-board-build-log   (Thanks to Pontus for initial build and test!  Great work!  Second prototype board in work)

Rich, John and I are working on an S-100 6502 CPU board and getting close to a prototype board order

http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/browse/#view=ViewFolder&param=S-100%206502%20CPU%20board

John has been very busy writing IDE Board and ZFDC BIOS software and has posted material here:

http://s100computers.com/Software%20Folder/CPM3%20BIOS%20Installation/CPM3%20FLOPPY%20BIOS%20Software.htm

http://s100computers.com/Software%20Folder/CPM3%20BIOS%20Installation/CPM3%20HDISK%20BIOS%20Software.htm

As per usual, these boards will be offered to the S-100 community roughly at cost or $20 per PCB plus $3 shipping in the US and $6 elsewhere.  I appreciate your support on these COMMUNITY purchases and tremendous support we’ve received.  Your continued support makes the S100Computers.com and N8VEM S-100 board project possible.

Of course, if you have ideas for future boards please let me know.  For instance, we could make:

S-100 Propeller prototyping board

S-100 SCSI board

S-100 bus exerciser board

S-100 ISA bridge board

S-100 ECB bridge board

S-100 uPD7220 Graphics Display Controller board

S-100 V9938 or V9958 VDP board

Don Caprio cap...@uxpro.com
http://www.uxpro.com
(925) 240-UNIX