Designing Chip Footprints in KiCAD

I just got back 4 prototype boards for my 80486 S100 board.  Spent many days with KiCAD laying it out etc.    When I got the boards back (from PCBCart), to my horror I noticed that the back pins of the 80486 socket did not have solder pads.  The front pins were fine.    I have to lay out a custom footprint for the 80486 chip in KiCAD but unfortunately I did not add the solder mask requirement on the back of the chips footprint.  I had it on the front but not the back.  Just wanted to let people know so it doesn’t happen to you!   Hhave to redo the boards again!