RE: [N8VEM-S100:7033] Re: A V3 version of our Dual IDE/CF card S100 board.

Tricky question Harold.  It’s probably a function of what your long term plans are.  If you intend to eventually move up to high speed CPUs like 80386, 80486, ARM’s  and GB DRAM boards on the bus running at 10-12MHz (and 40-60Mhz in PM),  then I would recommend you skip straight to the V3.  The board you have is 100% functional for the Z80, 8088/8086/80286 and early 80386 boards.  The 68K is uncertain at this stage.  The V2 should work fine also with 80’s era CPU boards such as the Cromemco or Intersystems boards.

John

From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2015 8:47 AM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [N8VEM-S100:7033] Re: A V3 version of our Dual IDE/CF card S100 board.

Hi John,

I am fairly new to the group but I am in the process of building up some boards including the Z80 board and the 4Meg RAM board. I also have a bare IDE Version 2 board. My question is should I forget the version 2 board (I haven't started building it yet) and order one of the version 3 boards?

Thanks

Harold