Re: [N8VEM-S100:7164] Re: A V3 version of our Dual IDE/CF card S100 board.

Thank you for this information....

LAS1405 by Lambda was not great voltage regulator and not same as 78H05. Yes, it overcharged and not worth. Because I worked for Lambda many years ago in Long Island. I familiar with this component well and would not recommendation. Lambda stopped and relabeled with National Semi as LAS1405 to cover up the flawed. It will be enormous difficult to find if the second generation LAS1405 by National Semi. The National Semi found out what Lambda did and then stopped sell them. I am not sure that they decided to purchase components from Japan before they closed and sold the business.

I will use EzSBC, it has more advantage because it runs without heat sink.

Thank you,
Steven