RE: [N8VEM-S100:7310] V3 IDE with MSDOS

Glad you got it working Gary.  To make things even more complicated I find that I can boot the IDE board/MSDOS with the jumpers using  either 1-2 or 3-4. (Using our old 4MB Static RAM board).  I suspect it’s more to do with your RAM board(s) than the IDE board. In the past I found for example that some of the Godbout RAM boards were more finicky than our own with respect to these jumpers.  In the 1-2 positions could you get the 8086 monitor “N” command diagnostics to work?

John

From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Gary Kaufman
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 3:15 PM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Cc: mon...@vitasoft.org
Subject: Re: [N8VEM-S100:7310] V3 IDE with MSDOS

Hopefully this will save others a bit of head-scratching!

*** To boot the IDE V3 board into MSDOS using the 8088 board requires the K5/6/7/11 "Full Latch" jumpers are set in the 2-3 position.  ***

With this setting I was able to boot at 10.6mhz (32mhz oscillator) and the V3 IDE board is rock solid.  This was using 82C84, 82C88, NEC D70108HCZ-16 V20 16mhz processor, and the 4mb SRAM board using 45ns RAM and only a single wait state for both EEprom and I/O.

Thanks John and others for a great collection of boards.

- Gary