Re: [N8VEM-S100:5415] Re: Getting to know your logic analyzer

I broke out my N8VEM Zeta SBC and got the logic analyzer working.
Was able to fire it up and sample address and data lines. Starting to get
the hang of it but still have much to learn.

I only have six inches or so for my probe cable. I'd like to build a longer
cable for the pin grippers. I'm pretty sure we want this as short as possible.
Any ideas what would be a reasonable length? Can I go to 18"-24" ?

The other option is to get an extension USB cable.

A couple operational questions:

1) Do you have to hook up the +5VDC? Seems to work fine without it
2) When I'm capturing samples do I need to select the exact MHz Sample rate (1,2,4,8,12,etc)?
    If running a 6Mhz system would 8Mhz be best choice?