FW: 68360 - status

Hi,

If there are any builders who would like to participate in the MC68040 SBC
project please let me know.

We are working on an intermediate project at the moment based on the MC68360
which is the integrating glue for the MC68040 SBC.  The MC68360 is the
all-important piece that has to work well before even considering the
MC68040 CPU since it is a standalone processor by itself.

There are some spare MC68360 P1 PCBs remaining (see the excerpted status
update below) and the basic board seems to be working.  It is booting from
the ROM and partially initializing.  More work is underway to further
initialize the MC68360 chip subsystems like timers, UARTs, etc.

The plan is to integrate a Propeller based IO subsystem (VGA display, PS/2
keyboard, microSD mass storage), DRAM, and Flash memories to the final SBC.
This is an ambitious project and will take quite a bit of time so if there
are any experienced MC68040/MC68360 builders that would like to contribute
your help would be greatly appreciated.  Additional information is posted
below.

http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/browse/#view=ViewFolder&param=68040%20SBC

http://n8vem-sbc.pbworks.com/w/browse/#view=ViewFolder&param=MC68360%20P1

Similar to other N8VEM home brew computing project boards these are
free/open source designs including hardware, software, and other related
information.

Please contact me at LYN...@YAHOO.COM if interested.