RE: [N8VEM-S100:6344] Need help with a simple GAL programming problem.

We’re half-way…

The output from GAL pin 22 needs to connect to the GAL pin 1.  Then every time you output to port 00EDh, you will get a pulse on pin 22.  You already  have this and the equation to do it.  This is now the clock to another cell in the GAL via pin 1.  Let’s say you use the cell on pin 21 for this.  The PALASM for this cell is simply to clock the inverted cell output to the output, just like the D F-F does.  Assuming you name pin 21 TOGOUT, I think the equation for this is simply:

TOGOUT = /TOGOUT

You have to tell the GAL that the pin 21 cell is registered so it connects the F-F and pulls the clock from pin 1.  I’m not altogether sure how that’s done or if there is some dependency on the programmer you’re using.

Bob Bell