RE: [N8VEM-S100:6857] This is why I got into the IMSAI

Nice!   only $5,000  cool.  Now, does the wife really need a new car?  Wouldn't she prefer a PDP 11/70.  I'm sure I heard her say that in her sleep,  perhaps I'll surprise her for mothers day?  But, before I do... does anyone have an extra couch I can sleep on?

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 16:19:39 -0700
From: litte...@gmail.com
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [N8VEM-S100:6857] This is why I got into the IMSAI

Back in the day, the fist computer systems I used were an HP2000 Access System
and the PDP Dec 11/70 running RSTS/E.  I was lucky to have an account on the system
with decent "right's" and 80 blocks of storage.

Saw this on Ebay;

 www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-DEC-DIGITAL-PDP-11-70-16-BIT-MINI-COMPUTER-TE16-EA-MAG-TAPE-DRIVE/331537471267

Brought back memories of visiting the lab and seeing this system... Loved the console.
Since a working 11/70 is kinda unobtanium  I got into the IMSAI's with similar panel switches.