Re: How are you testing that new bit of code youve just written?

When I got my vintage Vector MZ up and running, I went with a drop-in compatible EEPROM instead of a UV EPROM.  It takes a few seconds to rewrite.  Some folks even go as far as a ZIF socket to make this even easier.  At $3/chip or something it's a pretty reasonable solution, although the "English" in the programmer software is kind of annoying.

For my future new build S-100 system, on the Z80 side the new 4K/4K monitor code in the V2 Z80 CPU board supports sending a program over directly via Zmodem....  I have a custom monitor image for my MZ that allows this as well and it's a pretty fast way to get things loaded into RAM.

Your board sounds interesting - when you say flash memory, do you mean like a simple file on an SD card?  Which then gets loaded into the RAM on startup?  That might be neat for troubleshooting, to be able to put a .hex file on an SD card and have the individual S-100 board itself wait the CPU and load the .hex into the RAM on its own, then jump to the program that was just loaded.....

Andrew