Re: S-100 System Monitor Board V2 building hints and experiences

Hello folks, I just completed the SMB V2 and apart from a couple of bad soldiers and faulty flat cables, I had no major problems, thanks to Franck's instructions as I also had to make the mod on U10. I plan to make some changes vs the original setup, the mezzanine will only be used for the TIL311 displays, I will put the switched and LED's on a separate board. Also, I will use a push button for Reset, Save Clear and Single Step. On this one, I had to swap wires as my push button has the common pin on 1 (not in the center - pin 2 - as this is the case for a usual switch).
Below a picture of the front panel I just drilled mounted on the modushop case, now I still have to figure out how to get a nice looking printout - I would like to do it myself and not rely of FPE at first ... My plan is to solder the LEDs and switches to a board I will mount on the front panel, and then insert a printed sheet between the panel and a plexiglas panel. Could be interesting to share experiences there, as I am sure some experts over there have already managed to get cool looking panels on their system.

cheers
Philippe