Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 14:18:51 -0700
From: phi...@neoncluster.com
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [N8VEM-S100:7598] Don's S-100 breakout board

Hi,
I've been trying to contact Don about his S-100 breakout board that I am presently building. Unfortunately I have not been able to get a reply.

I have a couple of quick questions that I think anyone with one of these boards could easily answer. Having a schematic would quickly answer all my questions, but I haven't been able to find one online.

So I’m trying to figure out the orientation and rating of the two capacitors.

The capacitors were sent in a kit of parts, and are labeled:
• 103 22v
• ,1 35 (Tantilum cap probably, as this has a positive and negative orientation)

On the breakout board there are areas for the capacitors marked .1uf and 33uf.
I’m not 100% sure, but I'm think the cap labeled ,1 35 goes in the place labeled for 33uf. If so, can anyone please tell me the orientation (+ -) as there is no indication that I can see in the silk screen.

Now some confusion comes with the 103 capacitor. As far as I know a 103 is a 0.01uf capacitor, however the breakout board is marked as 0.1uf. Can someone please help by confirming the correct rated capacitor.

Thanks for your time, and apologies for the stupid questions.

Philip