I can boot MSDOS but not CPM3

All —

I gave up on the ZFDC for now since I can’t get it to calibrate properly (I can’t get the separator frequency above 450kHz with a Qume 242 drive connected), so I went back to the IDE board. I first removed the D82C55-5 (NEC version) and replaced with a regular 82C55AC. I made a DOS 4.01 image from the one on the web site and gave it a whirl and it works! Yipee!

However, I can’t get it to boot CPM3. I’m using the “banked-prop” version and the only message I get is “BOOT error.” I’m using a 32mb CF card. Not sure what’s up with that, but any advice would be appreciated.

Rich

--
Rich Cini
Collector of Classic Computers