RE: [N8VEM-S100:1530] New/Old Project (Altair restoration)

Hi Eric,

I had a hard time finding an assembler for the 8080.
I ended up using TASM (Table driven Assembler) and used the -8085 option.

The batch file I used is as follows:

TASM -85 AA8080.ASM
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 PAUSE
HEX2BIN AA8080.OBJ AA8080.BIN

I would convert to a binary image so it could be transfered directly using that 16 byte boot strap.
Once the monitor is running, it accepts Xmodem and HEX file transfers.  I really like the HEX file transfer.
From the main menu, just start an ASCII transfer of a .hex file and the monitor detects the colon and begins to load memory and test checksums.

I'll send the TASM program to your email address, don't think it will let me through the forum.

Regards,
Josh