Re: [N8VEM-S100:3063] GAL's and PALASM

On Apr 9, 2014, at 1:45 AM, monahanz <mon...@vitasoft.org> wrote:

> Guy's just wanted to mention I have "see religion" in terms of using GAL's to simplify our future more complex S100 boards.
>
> As we move to CPU's like the 80486 and higher it is clear the 74LSxxx chips alone will not fit on a single S100 board to carry out the functions of these CPU's. I have also concluded that I will need them for out ISA to S100 bus converter board and XVGA type video boards.  These are all projects in the works and will probably not see the light of day for some months.
>
> To expose GAL's to those that may not be fully aware of them, I have written up a short introduction here:-
>
> http://s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/ISA%20to%20S100%20Bus/Intro%20To%20GALs.htm

Also, I forgot to mention: there are folks who have reverse-engineered how to burn and erase the GALs properly.  When I have more free time (mine is in the negative at the moment), I'll be glad to do a quick project to make a serial/USB PAL/GAL burner if there isn't a cheap alternative out there.

- Dave