Re: [N8VEM-S100:1386] S-100 64KIO board tool *preliminary design*

This would be an ideal board for the S100 RomWBW project if the RAM
pin-out were to be change to also support 29/39F040 FLASH memory...
minor change with jumpers
one could have 32k of ram and 32k of flash .... or 64k or ram, 64k of flash...

minor points

1) if you have room, a maxim DS1210 could be added to support ram
memory back up with on board battery and with a external 3 pin
connector for aux battery....
this is what was done in zeta board...

2) I also think that the 16550 serial chip would be a better choice,
8251 are harder to get, 16550 are easy to program... requires only a
oscillator/xtal and would eliminate the hard to get AY-5-8116 and it
associates parts

my two bits...

tom...