Re: [N8VEM-S100:6692] Re: CP/M Mbasic 5.21

First try gave me -2.417
Second try, answer was 40.

It doesn't matter if its 'RAN' inline or at the prompt;

I type this in;

E=1
Ok
PRINT 4*E-3,4*E
-3            -2.41704E-35
Ok
PRINT (4*E)-3,4*E,
-3            -2.41704E-35
Ok
PRINT ((4*E)-3),4*E,
-3            -2.41704E-35
Ok

The answer should be 'one' , 'four'  not -3 , -2.14E

At first I thought, order of operations or RPN, but it
doesn't change the result as seen above.

I can't force it, with parenthesis, to multiply E four
times and then subtract 3 to get my answer.