Reforming Capacitors

I'm finally getting around to firing up the ALTAIR 8800.
The capacitors look small and I think I want to reform them.
I'm presently running 24VAC into the unit through a dim bulb.

The front panel does not easily disconnect from the power supply (no connector, hard wired).
I'm hoping I don't need to trouble shoot the front panel.

But, with 24VAC in, there's 1V on the 5V line.  Does anyone think it might damage TTL?

My guess is that this voltage is way too low to turn on any transistors.

Your thoughts anyone?