From:  John Monahan Ph.D
e-mail: mon...@vitasoft.org
Text:    mon...@txt.att.net

-----Original Message-----
From: n8vem...@googlegroups.com [mailto:n8vem...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Birkel, Paul A.
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2012 1:49 AM
To: n8vem...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [N8VEM-S100:711] S-100 IDE Board & TIL311

Andrew:

Looking ahead to the S-100 IDE board
(http://s100computers.com/My%20System%20Pages/IDE%20Board/My%20IDE%20Card.ht
m) I see that Jameco still has the TIL311 in-stock.
https://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=1000
1&productId=32951&catalogId=10001.  However at $20 each, with 6 on the board
that's a pretty penny investment.  Even a bulk-buy, if folks are so
inclined, doesn't improve the pricing much (might get down to $16 but not
less).

You note that UTsource
(http://www.utsource.net/ic-datasheet/TIL311-421656.html) has carried them
in the past (apparently themselves, rather than from various suppliers?) at
~$4 -- I haven't checked current availability as yet.  Have you checked for
a recent quote?  Are they reliable?

Any new(er) thoughts regarding an alternative solution that might be more
affordable, or are there any other well-known suppliers that are
significantly less expen$ive than Jameco?

(Is there an Octal equivalent to the TIL311 -- aside from cutting off a pin
:->?  Just curious ...)

Also, please make sure to sign me up on your reserve list for the S-100 IDE
board :->.

Thanks,

paul