Re: [N8VEM-S100:3278] Re: Group Order of S-100 SMB Display Mezzanine Boards

FWIW, note that previously the way the mezzanine boards were procured was as a single snap-apart triple (one of each style) and then builders had the option of (a) changing their mind later, and (2) possibly using one style for on-board and another for cabled-off-board -- and being able to switch between the two depending on their development/test/operational physical setup.  Flexibility can be a good thing!

Of course, the #in^2 is more for the triple than for a single, but I'm not sure that the final cost actually scales linearly with the triple-break-apart being 3x a single.  It would be interesting to find out and consider that alternative approach.