Prop I/O board - Cursor control and special functions

I just modify the Propeller firmware to have a german keyboard layout.
So far i am happy with it. Next i want to have the standard MS-DOS Cursor and Special functions on the right keys.
All of them begins with "Escape" e.g. for the F3 key (Copy all remaining chars in the template to the new line).
For MS-DOS 2.0 on the SCP-8086 i was able to use "ESC U" for that.
But this works not with the 8086 Monitor/BIOS and MS-DOS 3.3 or 4.01.
When i send the sequence, the ESC is shown as an backslash, linefeed and an "U".
I also tried to send the ANSI sequence "ESC[u", with an equal result.

Frank